Mongolia Classic Tours & Vacation | Top 10+ Discovery Travel Packages
Mongolia Classic Tours
Tour Route: Ulaanbaatar - Mongol Nomadic show - Mongol Nomadic Naadam - Archery Competition - Ankle Bone Shooting Festival - Horse Racing - Hustai National Park - Turkic historical site
- Experience traditional Mongolian family life, milking demonstrations, cultural performances, and horsemanship demonstrations
- Participate in wrestling, archery, ankle bone shooting, and thrilling horse racing events
- Encounter wild Mongolian horses (Takhi) and explore the beautiful park through hiking
- Visit the ancient 7th-century graveyard of Ungut to explore Turkic history and culture
- Stay in traditional Mongolian ger camps, immerse in nomadic lifestyle, and interact with local herders
Mongolia Classic Tours
Tour Route: Ulaanbaatar - Baga Gazriin Chuluu - Gobi - Yol Valley - Yoliin Am Gorge - Khongor Sand Dunes - Kharkhorin town - Tsenher hot spring - Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake - Murun Town - Khuvsgul Lake - Murun Town - Ulaanbaatar
- Explore the unique landscapes of the Gobi Desert
- Visit the historic town of Kharkhorin and the ancient Erdene Zuu Monastery
- Relax in the soothing waters of Tsenher Hot Spring and enjoy the natural mineral springs
- Discover the beauty of Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake, a volcanic lake surrounded by picturesque landscapes
- Experience the stunning Khuvsgul Lake, known as the "Blue Pearl of Mongolia"
Mongolia Classic Tours
Tour Route: Bayan-Ulgii - Kazakh - Golden Eagle Festival - Ulaanbaatar
- Witness the thrilling competitions and cultural celebrations of the Golden Eagle Festival
- Experience the warm hospitality of a Kazakh family
- Explore the museum and market in Bayan-Ulgii to discover the region's history, culture, and traditional crafts
- Immersing yourself in Mongolia's natural beauty
- Enjoy traditional Kazakh music and dance performances, and savor delicious Kazakh cuisine
Mongolia Festival Tours
Tour Route: Ulaanbaatar – Erdenet – Lake Khuvsgul – Delgermurun – Tosontsengel – Lake Khyargas – Ulaangom – Ot - Bayan Ulgii – Sagsai – Bayan Ulgii - Khovd – Uliastai – White Lake – Kharkhorin - Ulaanbaatar - Terelj National Park – Chinggis Khaan Statue Monument Complex – Ulaanbaatar
- Explore Lake Khuvsgul, Lake Khyargas, Altai Mountains, and Terelj National Park.
- Experience the unique traditions and hospitality of Kazakh and Turkish communities
- Visit historical sites like Karakorum, and learn about Mongolian culture.
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Karakorum and the Erdene Zuu Monastery
- Stay in traditional ger camps, interact with nomadic herders, and participate in activities like horseback riding and learning about traditional dairy production
Mongolia Classic Tours
Tour Route: Ulaanbaatar – Elsen Tasarkhai – Khara Khorum – Taikhar Chuluu – Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake – Khorgo Volcano – Tosontsengel / Zavkhan – Lake Khyargas – Bayan Ulgii – Sagsai – Khovd – Gobi Altai – Arvaikheer – Ulaanbaatar - Terelj National Park – Chinggis Khaan Statue Monument Complex – Ulaanbaatar
- Immerse yourself in Mongolia's rich cultural heritage
- Visiting sites like the Chinggis Khaan Museum and Gandan Monastery Complex
- Experience the diverse beauty of Mongolia, from the Gobi Desert to the Chuluut Canyon River and White Lake
- Capture stunning photos and relax by the serene shores of Lake Khyargas
- Conclude your tour by exploring Terelj National Park
- Visiting the iconic Chinggis Khaan Statue Monument Complex
Mongolia Classic Tours
- Explore the historic Gandan Monastery and witness the spiritual rituals in the Migjid Janraisig temple
- Engage in traditional Mongolian activities like archery and the shagai ankle bones game in Gurvan Bulag
- Visit the sacred Khogno Khan mountain and the Buddhist temple of Erdenekhamba
- Experience the beautiful landscapes and stay in a ger camp
- Take a camel ride in Ikh Mongol Els and visit the Erdene Zuu Monastery in Kharakhorum
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Orkhon Valley
Mongolia Classic Tours
Tour Route: Depart UB to Yol Gorge – Khanbogd ger camp Khongor Sand Dunes – Gobi Erdene ger camp – Bayanzag the flaming Cliffs – Govi Tour – Ger camp DZD town – Gobi Oasis ger camp – Tsagaan Suvarga Cliffs – Caravan Serai camp – Ulaanbaatar
- Explore the stunning Yoliin Am Gorge in the Gobi Altai Mountain range
- Witness the breathtaking beauty of the deep, narrow canyon and experience the winter wonderland with its thick ice coating
- Visit the mesmerizing Khongor Sand Dunes, a magnificent oasis in the Gobi Desert
- Discover the famous Bayanzag, also known as the Flaming Cliffs
- Experience the vibrant Tsagaan Suvarga Cliffs, remnants of the ancient sea floor
- Explore the Del Uul mountain and witness fascinating petroglyphs
Mongolia Adventures Tours
Tour Route: Khustai National Park - Kharakhorum - Zuu Monastery - Local Museum - Naadam Festival - Orkhon Valley - Tuvkhun Monastery - Tsenkher hot spring - Ugii Lake - Gurvanbulag village - Horseback Riding Tour - Khognokhaan Natural Reserve - Uvgun Monastery
- Encounter the majestic Takhi horses in their natural habitat and explore the park's scenic landscapes
- Visit the ancient capital of the Mongol Empire
- Explore the impressive Erdene Zuu Monastery
- Experience Mongolia's prestigious festival featuring traditional sports and cultural activities
- Discover the historic landmarks of Mongolia's civilization
- Explore spiritual sites, hike in granite mountains, and enjoy camel riding in the stunning natural reserve
Essential Destinations for Your Classic Mongolia Tours & VacationsMongolia, a land of nomadic traditions and breathtaking landscapes, offers an exceptional experience for travelers seeking a classic tour with a blend of adventure and culture. Its vast, untamed wilderness and rich historical tapestry make Mongolia travel packages a top choice for those looking to explore unique destinations. A Mongolia vacation is not just about sightseeing; it's a deep dive into a lifestyle that has remained unchanged for centuries, offering authentic encounters with nomadic communities, and a chance to witness wildlife in its natural habitat. Here are some of our recommendations for your perfect Mongolia Classic Tour
Exploring Kharkhorin and the Revered Erdene Zuu Monastery on Your Mongolia ToursEmbark on a journey back in time with a visit to Kharkhorin, an integral part of any comprehensive Mongolia tours. Kharkhorin, once the flourishing capital of the Mongol Empire, is steeped in history and intrigue. As you wander through this historic town, you'll feel the echoes of a bygone era that played a pivotal role in shaping Mongolia. A highlight of your visit is the Erdene Zuu Monastery, one of the oldest surviving Buddhist monasteries in Mongolia. This architectural marvel, with its ornate details and striking stupas, offers a serene and spiritual experience.
During your Mongolia vacation, touring Erdene Zuu provides not just a visual treat but also a deep cultural immersion. The monastery is adorned with intricate carvings, murals, and relics that tell tales of Mongolia's journey from the heights of an empire to a spiritual sanctuary. As you explore the grounds, you'll encounter lamas in prayer, adding to the ambiance of peace and devotion. The combination of rich history, spiritual significance, and stunning architecture makes Kharkhorin and the Erdene Zuu Monastery a must-visit destination for anyone on a Mongolia tour, connecting you deeply with the country's past and present.
Discovering Wild Takhi Horses and the Splendor of Hiking in Mongolia's ParksThis experiecne offers the captivating realm of wild Takhi horses, an iconic symbol of Mongolia's natural heritage. This journey forms an integral part of any Mongolia vacation, offering a rare opportunity to witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat. The Takhi, also known as Przewalski's horses, are the last truly wild horse species in the world, and encountering them is a highlight for wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers alike.
Hiking through Mongolia's beautiful parks, you'll traverse rolling hills, serene meadows, and unspoiled forests, each offering its own unique beauty and challenges. The tranquility of these natural settings provides a stark contrast to the dynamic presence of the Takhi, creating moments of awe and wonder. You'll have the chance to learn about conservation efforts to protect the Takhi and understand their significance in Mongolian culture. Whether you're trekking through the rugged terrain or quietly observing the horses from a distance, this experience promises to be a profound and unforgettable part of your Mongolia tour, enriching your Mongolia travel package with its blend of natural splendor and wildlife encounters.
Exploring the Pristine Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake on Your Mongolian ToursDelve into the natural splendor of Terkhiin Tsagaan Lake, a highlight of any Mongolian tour itinerary. This stunning volcanic lake, nestled in the heart of Mongolia, presents an awe-inspiring landscape that captivates photographers, nature lovers, and adventurers alike. Known as the "Great White Lake," its crystal-clear waters are set against a backdrop of lush hills and rugged volcanic formations, creating a serene and picturesque setting. Activities around the lake range from leisurely walks along its shores, where you can absorb the peaceful atmosphere, to more adventurous hiking and horseback riding in the surrounding hills and volcanic craters. The lake's surroundings are steeped in local folklore and legend, adding a mystical element to your time in Mongolia.
Journey to the Mesmerizing Khuvsgul Lake, Mongolia's 'Blue Pearl'Visiting Khuvsgul Lake, a gem in the heart of Mongolia's breathtaking landscapes, often hailed as the 'Blue Pearl'. This majestic lake, a cornerstone of many Mongolia travel packages, is revered for its astonishingly clear waters and serene, unspoiled natural beauty. As the deepest lake in Mongolia, Khuvsgul captivates visitors with its tranquil azure waters, which reflect the surrounding lush forests and towering mountains. This enchanting destination is not just a visual marvel; it's an oasis of peace and a haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike.
During your visit, you'll have the opportunity to engage in a variety of activities that enhance the experience of this natural wonder. Take a serene boat ride, delve into the refreshing waters for a swim, or explore the scenic trails on foot or horseback, each offering unique perspectives of the lake and its surroundings. A stop at Khuvsgul Lake is more than just a scenic detour; it's a key highlight of any Mongolia tour package, promising unforgettable memories in one of the country's most cherished natural landscapes.
Delving into Bayan-Ulgii's Rich Heritage: Museums and Markets on Your Mongolia VacationsDuring your Mongolia tour, a visit to Bayan-Ulgii offers a captivating deep dive into the region's rich history and vibrant culture. This area, known for its diverse heritage, is a highlight for those keen to understand Mongolia's multifaceted identity. As you stroll through the local museum, you'll be enveloped in a world of ancient traditions and stories. The exhibits showcase a range of artifacts, from traditional Kazakh attire to intricate Mongolian crafts, each piece narrating a part of Bayan-Ulgii's unique cultural tapestry.
Venturing into the bustling market, the experience becomes even more immersive. Here, you'll find yourself amidst a lively array of stalls selling handmade crafts, textiles, and regional delicacies. This is not just a shopping excursion; it's a chance to engage with local artisans and understand their craftsmanship. You can observe firsthand how traditional techniques are kept alive and maybe even pick up a few souvenirs that hold the essence of Mongolia. This part of your Mongolian tour is not just about seeing but experiencing and learning, making your journey through Bayan-Ulgii an enriching and memorable segment of your adventure.
Experiencing the Golden Eagle Festival: A Cultural Highlight of Mongolian ToursOne of the most exhilarating experiences included in Mongolia travel packages is the Golden Eagle Festival, a spectacular event that showcases the proud traditions and skills of the Kazakh eagle hunters. This festival, a key feature in many Mongolian tours, offers an extraordinary glimpse into an ancient practice that has been passed down through generations. As you witness the festival, you'll be captivated by the sight of skilled hunters demonstrating their expertise alongside their majestic golden eagles, set against the dramatic backdrop of Mongolia's landscape. The festival is not just about the competition; it's a vibrant celebration of Kazakh culture, featuring colorful traditional attire, stirring music, and folk dances. You'll have the opportunity to interact with the eagle hunters, gaining insights into their unique lifestyle and the deep bond they share with their eagles. Additionally, the festival includes a variety of traditional games and activities, providing a holistic cultural experience. This event is a highlight for photographers and culture enthusiasts alike, offering a feast of visual and cultural richness that makes it a must-see during your Mongolian adventure. Participating in this festival through your Mongolia travel package promises not just entertainment, but an unforgettable journey into the heart of Mongolian heritage.
The Best Time for a Mongolia VacationChoosing the right time for your Mongolia vacation is crucial to fully embrace the enchanting beauty and unique experiences this country offers. Generally, the ideal period to visit Mongolia is during the summer months, from June to August. During these months, the weather is most favorable, with warm days and cool evenings. Summer is also a time of vibrant cultural festivals, including the famous Naadam Festival in July, known for its thrilling horse races, archery, and wrestling. This period provides an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself in Mongolian culture and witness the locals in their most festive spirits.
For those interested in wildlife, late spring and early summer are perfect for observing the rich fauna, especially in national parks. However, if you're seeking a more tranquil experience, consider late August to September. During these months, the tourist crowds have thinned, and the landscape begins to display a breathtaking palette of autumn colors. While the nights might get cooler, this time offers a more peaceful and introspective travel experience. Each season in Mongolia has its charm, so your choice should align with the kind of adventure and atmosphere you seek on your Mongolia travel packages.